Powered by Blogger.
Welcome to my Weblog!
Welcome to 1 Mother 2 Another! To read my most recent weblog entries, scroll down. To read entries from one category, click the links at right. To read my journey from the beginning, click here. To find out more about me, click here.
Top 5s
Short on time? Click here to go to my Top 5s Page - links to my top five recommendations in every category from Breastfeeding Sites to Urban Living Solutions.

The Snuggle Sweater

Wednesday, as I’ve mentioned before,
is officially Mommy Day: I teach Monday and Tuesdays after school
through bedtime, so Wednesday is the first chance the girls get to
come home from school and hang with Mommy for the rest of the day.
We keep the schedule clear – no play dates, no appointments
– so we can really relax and hang out together all afternoon.


A couple weeks ago Cora was having a hard time getting back into
the school groove post-Christmas-break, and I knew she was
desperately looking forward to Wednesday. How do I know? Because
she told me so on Monday morning. While running errands that
Monday, I came across a yummy cashmere sweater on clearance at the
outlet mall, and bought it using a gift card Cora had given me for
Christmas. (This is getting somewhere, I promise).



That afternoon Cora walked home with me,
glum. She was already bemoaning the fact that I’d be heading
off to teach when we got to the house, and how she just
didn’t get enough Mommy Time on Mondays and couldn’t
WAIT until Wednesday. It was just TOO HARD!


So when we got home, I ran and got the sweater I’d just
bought. “Let me show you something,” I said. I pulled
out the simple cream sweater I’d bought, and she rubbed it to
her face. “Do you know who got me this sweater?” I
asked. She shook her head ‘no’.


“You did! I got it with the gift card you gave me!” I
said, and her face lit up.


“This is a snuggly sweater, isn’t it? So I’ll
tell you what I’m going to do. I’m going to set it
aside, and I’m not going to wear it until Wednesday. And on
the morning I come in and wake you up and I’m wearing this
Snuggle Sweater, you’ll know it’s Mommy Day all day
long!” And Cora broke into a big anticipatory grin.


This totally worked, by the way, and she can’t resist
snuggling me when I wear it.


So Sunday this week was an official Pajama Day in our house, and I
wore the sweater with my pj bottoms. Cora didn’t comment on
it all day, but then at night as I was loading the dishwasher she
said, “You know, Mommy, you better do laundry tomorrow or
Tuesday.”


I looked at her. “Do you need something specific to be
cleaned?”


Cora shook her head. “Nope, but you do. You’re wearing
your Snuggle Sweater, and you need to clean it tomorrow or Tuesday
so it’ll be ready for Mommy Day on Wednesday.” And she
skipped off.


Better get that thing ready for Wednesday. It’s the Snuggle
Sweater, you know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment