Powered by Blogger.
Welcome to my Weblog!
Welcome to 1 Mother 2 Another! To read my most recent weblog entries, scroll down. To read entries from one category, click the links at right. To read my journey from the beginning, click here. To find out more about me, click here.
Top 5s
Short on time? Click here to go to my Top 5s Page - links to my top five recommendations in every category from Breastfeeding Sites to Urban Living Solutions.

Better Than Christmas

Today is a red-letter day in our
household. Today, Maddie’s best friend from New York, Naomi,
is coming to visit.


That’s right.


If you’ve been with me that long, you’ll remember that
for the first couple years of Maddie’s life, she and Naomi
were pretty inseparable. They played together every. Single. Day.
Whether on the playground or in an apartment, the two saw each
other daily and were fast friends.


We moved in January of 2008 and the girls haven’t seen each
other since. They don’t even speak on the phone much –
just once or twice a year. So to make this clear, Maddie has not
seen Naomi in FIVE YEARS.



But when I told Maddie Naomi was coming,
her grin filled the whole house. She stood up from the table in
disbelief, began giggling uncontrollably, and shouted, “No
way. No WAY. NO WAY!!”


She’s very excited.


Maddie’s planned out the visit: she wants to show Naomi her
library, her park, her favorite ice cream parlor, favorite museum
– you name it, it’s on the list. Frankly, I can’t
believe Maddie’s this excited over a girl she hasn’t
seen since she was two years old, but I’m not trying to
explain it.


I’m just along to enjoy the ride.


We’re headed to the airport this afternoon. Listen carefully
across America – you’ll hear the happy shriek of two
reunited friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment