Powered by Blogger.
Welcome to my Weblog!
Welcome to 1 Mother 2 Another! To read my most recent weblog entries, scroll down. To read entries from one category, click the links at right. To read my journey from the beginning, click here. To find out more about me, click here.
Top 5s
Short on time? Click here to go to my Top 5s Page - links to my top five recommendations in every category from Breastfeeding Sites to Urban Living Solutions.

That's One Less Thing To Worry About

High on Cora’s List of Things To Do
this summer has been circus camp: for whatever reason, she’s
had it stuck in her mind that this is something she’d like to
do.


Actually I know the reason: on the PBS show “Arthur”
the kids spent a week at circus camp and ended up being able to
juggle, do flips, and more. So of course, that’s what Cora
would look like in real life at the end of a week of circus camp.


I did some research and actually found a circus school in my area
– a good one, no less – and they do weekly summer
circus camps. I haven’t told Cora about it because it’s
not super close to us and I’ve been waiting to see if
she’d grow out of the circus thing.


Then last week, a small circus came to our town and Brian surprised
the girls with tickets. We went and sat under the actual tent and
watched everyone have a great time, culminating of course in a
trapeze act. We had front-row seats and Cora watched, wide-eyed and
silent, the whole time.


As we got home from the big top, I said, “So, Cora, does this
make you want to go to circus camp even more now?”


Cora turned to me and deadpanned, “Oh, yeah, definitely. That
is, if I want to break a lot of bones and FALL a lot! No thank
you.”


Guess that’s been crossed off the list.

0 comments:

Post a Comment