Powered by Blogger.
Welcome to my Weblog!
Welcome to 1 Mother 2 Another! To read my most recent weblog entries, scroll down. To read entries from one category, click the links at right. To read my journey from the beginning, click here. To find out more about me, click here.
Top 5s
Short on time? Click here to go to my Top 5s Page - links to my top five recommendations in every category from Breastfeeding Sites to Urban Living Solutions.

The First Domino Falls

Sorry about the absence – been
dealing with a head cold and doing the bare minimum for the past
few days. But I have to let you know what happened yesterday,
because it’s big.


To me, at least.


Cora lost her first tooth.


She’s had a wiggly bottom tooth for several months now, and
we went through that stage over the summer (if you remember) of
frantic notes back-and-forth with the tooth fairy as she begged for
help getting it out, or at least a little advance on the cash owed
her. But in spite of her vigorous efforts, the tooth stayed firmly
in.


Then Cora’s best friend lost a tooth at lunch yesterday, and
Cora despaired of ever getting hers out. She forced her friend to
examine Cora’s own tooth, and was told “it’s
hanging by a thread!”


So Cora got back in there, and according to her teacher, was
working that thing the rest of the day.


When I picked Cora up her tooth was, indeed, hanging by a thread. I
tried to help it come out when we got home, giving it a firm yank,
but it didn’t. So I went off to work, came home after dinner
– and there was my baby, MINUS ONE TOOTH.


Yep, Daddy got it out.


Without me.


My baby lost her first tooth.


She’s so darn excited, I have to do my grieving in private.
And of course, I totally ignore the fact that I was trying to pull
the tooth out that afternoon while Brian was still at work. But
still.


Sigh. The first domino’s fallen. Her growing up will just
accelerate from here.


Dang it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment