Powered by Blogger.
Welcome to my Weblog!
Welcome to 1 Mother 2 Another! To read my most recent weblog entries, scroll down. To read entries from one category, click the links at right. To read my journey from the beginning, click here. To find out more about me, click here.
Top 5s
Short on time? Click here to go to my Top 5s Page - links to my top five recommendations in every category from Breastfeeding Sites to Urban Living Solutions.

That's How We Reward Kids Around Here

This weekend we were having a time of
rather intense cleaning: I’d allowed the girls to have
several “games” running at the same time, and nearly
every room in the house was overrun with toys and story set-ups.
I’d warned the girls ahead of time, and they knew they were
in for a good hour of nonstop cleaning up. They weren’t
grumbling, but I could see they also weren’t thrilled.


So I provided incentive to my youngest, who was working on the
downstairs portion.


“Listen, Cora, you’ve only got an hour before we need
to head out of here. If you can get all the clean-up done in time
– and done WELL – you may clean the downstairs
bathroom.”


“All RIGHT!” Cora yelled, and began moving at top
speed.


And then from upstairs floated, “No FAIR! Cora gets to clean
the bathroom! If I finish fast enough, can I clean the upstairs
bathroom?”


“Oh, I supposed,” I said.


Not kidding. This is what makes them happy.


Wanna borrow my kids for an afternoon?

0 comments:

Post a Comment