Powered by Blogger.
Welcome to my Weblog!
Welcome to 1 Mother 2 Another! To read my most recent weblog entries, scroll down. To read entries from one category, click the links at right. To read my journey from the beginning, click here. To find out more about me, click here.
Top 5s
Short on time? Click here to go to my Top 5s Page - links to my top five recommendations in every category from Breastfeeding Sites to Urban Living Solutions.

First Day Back

Well, yesterday went about as well as
could be expected. There was the standard difficulty getting out of
bed, and more than a modicum of early-morning grouchiness, plus
more than a few tears at drop-off.


The kids, on the other hand, did pretty well.


Yeah, as crabby as I was about the whole thing, the girls were
remarkably ready for school. Sure, it’s easy to get them out
of bed when you’ve got fresh bacon and homemade cinnamon
rolls waiting for them downstairs, and fresh new outfits and shiny
new shoes to wear to school. But they were still pretty happy about
the whole thing, so I sucked it up and pretended to be so as well.


And didn’t cry until I’d dropped them off.


I thought we were doing pretty well: Cora gave me a fierce hug then
went happily to her classroom, and Maddie was well ahead of me down
the hall, so intense was her conversation with her school chum. But
when we got to her classroom she turned to me, looked me dead in
the eye, and said, “You know, I AM going to miss you a lot. I
love you!” and then went into her classroom.


Sigh.


It’ll get better, I’m sure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment