Powered by Blogger.
Welcome to my Weblog!
Welcome to 1 Mother 2 Another! To read my most recent weblog entries, scroll down. To read entries from one category, click the links at right. To read my journey from the beginning, click here. To find out more about me, click here.
Top 5s
Short on time? Click here to go to my Top 5s Page - links to my top five recommendations in every category from Breastfeeding Sites to Urban Living Solutions.

Well, Now I Don't Know What To Say

Yesterday morning the girls scootered to
school and after parking their rides at the bike rack, walked to
the school door hand in hand, smiling and chatting with each other
about the upcoming day. A teacher passing by looked at them in
disbelief and said, "Wow! They how sweet! They look like they
actually like each other!"


I smiled smugly and walked my perfect children into school.


After school the girls were models of familial harmony, playing
together amicably on the blacktop, scootering side by side all the
way home, compromising on every big decision: Who gets to step into
the street first to cross it? Which piece of candy from whose candy
jar for a treat? And as I watched them, I began to form my next
blog in my head, about what a sweet spot we're in right now and
how well they get along.


And then we fell apart.



We did well for most of the day, but as it
got towards bedtime nerves started fraying. I won't get into
details but insults like "Meanie" were flung sotto voce, feelings
got hurt, people cried.


And just like that, my blog disintigrated.


So now I don't know what to say, except that right now we're in
this really great spot where the girls get along really well,
showing kindness and patience and grace to each other.


Except when they don't.


And I guess that's just life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment