Powered by Blogger.
Welcome to my Weblog!
Welcome to 1 Mother 2 Another! To read my most recent weblog entries, scroll down. To read entries from one category, click the links at right. To read my journey from the beginning, click here. To find out more about me, click here.
Top 5s
Short on time? Click here to go to my Top 5s Page - links to my top five recommendations in every category from Breastfeeding Sites to Urban Living Solutions.

I Am Woman, Hear Me Domestify

Yes, I know "domestify" is not a real
word. Just seemed right.


Yesterday I finally started to get my domestic feet back under me
after a couple weeks of nursing kids and being sick myself. I spent
the whole morning trying to wade through family paperwork,
balancing checkbooks and cleaning up old documents to be filled out
and such.


After lunch I hit the kitchen, baking a couple plates of cookies
for some upcoming events for the girls. Then I took apart a whole
roasted chicken (full disclosure – bought it pre-cooked from
Whole Foods Market. But listen, $8.99 for an organic, free-range,
fully cooked bird is a steal in my book). I used almost all the
chicken for a casserole I made, doubling the recipe so we’d
have one to eat last night and one for the freezer for another
time. I set aside just enough chicken for chicken salad for school
lunches tomorrow, then set the bones in the crockpot for several
hours with some veggies to make homemade chicken stock for future
recipes.


And yes, I cleaned the whole disaster zone of a kitchen up before
bedtime.


So this morning I’ve got the cookies for Friday night’s
event done, an extra meal in the freezer, and dinner tonight is
leftovers. Yes, I am feeling reasonably on top of things.


And yes, I know that the holidays are coming. Hence the edge of
panic to my domesticity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment