Powered by Blogger.
Welcome to my Weblog!
Welcome to 1 Mother 2 Another! To read my most recent weblog entries, scroll down. To read entries from one category, click the links at right. To read my journey from the beginning, click here. To find out more about me, click here.
Top 5s
Short on time? Click here to go to my Top 5s Page - links to my top five recommendations in every category from Breastfeeding Sites to Urban Living Solutions.

Junie B. Is Back

Maddie discovered Junie B. Jones in
kindergarten and we spent a few painful months reading waaaaaaaay
too much of that child’s escapades before Maddie finally grew
out of the books and moved on to other, more well-written heroines.
I was quite pleased to bid Junie B. adieu, and only saved the
half-dozen books we’d bought out of sheer thriftiness.




I should have realized I wasn’t
finished with the annoying child.



Yes, it’s Cora’s turn to be in
love with the grammatically garbled star of waaaaaaaaaaaaay too
many books. I spent Sunday afternoon reading not one, but two
ENTIRE BOOKS aloud to my chortling five-year-old, trying not to
roll my eyes at the deliberately mis-pronounced words. Fortunately,
Cora’s got a better grasp of the English language than Maddie
did at that age, because she’ll stop and correct Junie B.
almost every time.


Which thrills my heart to no end, but also makes for an even longer
reading experience.


Maddie’s currently re-reading her favorite Clementine books,
and Saturday evening when I went from Junie B. to Clementine I had
to actually stop and re-calibrate my brain for correct syntax and
– dare I say it – actual plot lines. And
Clementine’s not Jo Marsh, so we’re not talking about a
high bar here.


Please, please, let this be a super-fast faze. I don’t think
I can take a whole year of Junie B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment