Powered by Blogger.
Welcome to my Weblog!
Welcome to 1 Mother 2 Another! To read my most recent weblog entries, scroll down. To read entries from one category, click the links at right. To read my journey from the beginning, click here. To find out more about me, click here.
Top 5s
Short on time? Click here to go to my Top 5s Page - links to my top five recommendations in every category from Breastfeeding Sites to Urban Living Solutions.

Labor(less) Day Weekend

We had our first three-day weekend as a
school family, and boy did we appreciate it.


Saturday was one of the most glorious Saturdays EVER. Brian got up
with the girls and when I stumbled out of my room at nearly 9 a.m.,
he was lying on Cora’s bed doing the voices while the girls
played Dollhouse. “Wah, wah,” my husband would say with
his eyes closed, and the girls would rush to pick up the doll
babies and take care of them. “How long have you been at
this?” I asked. He peeled one eye open. “Hard to
say,” he mumbled, and drifted back off.


I sent my man back to bed and found out the girls had been playing
happily for over an hour, and had not yet had breakfast. And thus
it went for much of our weekend.


We spent most of Saturday building towers and playing board games
and reading books and, yes, playing Dollhouse. A lot. Maddie and I
hit the library part of the afternoon, and I enjoyed the new
sensation of being there with a child who could be trusted not to
run off by herself, and who was perfectly content to park herself
on a library couch and read. TO HERSELF. We sat side-by-side and
read for half an hour.


Heaven.


A lazy evening eating burgers at our pool with friends rounded out
the day, and as we went to bed both girls said, “This has
been a great day.” And Cora added, “And we have
SQUEEZED IT DRY!”


Sunday was after-church lunch with friends, and Monday was spent
hosting neighbors in the house with the girls’ newly-opened
Treatment Center; you could choose from muscle treatment (massage),
food treatment (snack), or show treatment (yes, a show). The
neighbors were quite tickled and stayed for two hours, much to the
delight of my spotlight-hugging children. We wrapped up the day
with a family movie night and leftovers.


No big running around, no fanciness. Just pure heaven with my big
school girls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment