Powered by Blogger.
Welcome to my Weblog!
Welcome to 1 Mother 2 Another! To read my most recent weblog entries, scroll down. To read entries from one category, click the links at right. To read my journey from the beginning, click here. To find out more about me, click here.
Top 5s
Short on time? Click here to go to my Top 5s Page - links to my top five recommendations in every category from Breastfeeding Sites to Urban Living Solutions.

Dancing In the Dark

3 a.m., and the house is dark.  The neighborhood is silent but for our daughter, screaming in rage, tears running down her face.  I read somewhere that babies don’t manufacture tears the first few months of their life.  My daughter’s tears fell in the hospital, so thanks for nothing; I don’t think there exists a sight more heartbreaking, her big blue eyes looking at you, begging you to help her, trusting you can make it better.  I put her in the Bjorn and dance around the room to her favorite music.  And she’s definitely got favorites.  So far, she loves The Beatles, contemporary praise music (especially Chris Tomlin), and Hawaiian slack key guitar.  Go figure.  But in a weird way, dancing around my living room in the middle of the night singing Alleluias isn’t the worst thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment