Powered by Blogger.
Welcome to my Weblog!
Welcome to 1 Mother 2 Another! To read my most recent weblog entries, scroll down. To read entries from one category, click the links at right. To read my journey from the beginning, click here. To find out more about me, click here.
Top 5s
Short on time? Click here to go to my Top 5s Page - links to my top five recommendations in every category from Breastfeeding Sites to Urban Living Solutions.

Facing An Old Foe

So we’ve been out of school for one
full week and change, and it’s like we never left summer at
all. We’re staying up late, we’re sleeping in,
we’re eating when we feel like it and making a lunch out of
smoothies (with spinach and avocado, don’t freak out) and
tortilla chips (organic, but still, you got me on that one).


Then, after one glorious week out of school, we turn the corner
into a couple weeks of back-to-back camps. Yesterday Maddie started
her Invention Camp, one week of 9-4 daily geeking out with other
friends who like to make rubber duck-launchers out of taken-apart
coffee-makers. My kid LOVES her some Invention Camp, so she was
signed up and ready to go.


Which meant that Sunday night I had to drag out her lunch bag from
where I’d gleefully stuffed it mere days before, and pack her
a $@#% lunch.


I disdainfully picked up the lunch bag (which, I am sure, is
perfectly nice and with which, I am sure, I’d have been
friends in different circumstances. Circumstances like, say, a
world where I was not a slave to that freakin’ thing five
days a week. And a world where people can be friends with lunch
boxes.


But I digress.)


So I disdainfully picked up the lunch bag and set it on the counter
with barely-concealed contempt. Or, perhaps, not concealed at all,
since I swear it sneered at me and said, “Listen,
you’re not my favorite person either.”


Sigh.


I’m fighting a very strong urge to buy a week’s worth
of pre-packaged yogurt and those Uncrustable things and just be
done with it.


It’s not easy being green.

0 comments:

Post a Comment