Powered by Blogger.
Welcome to my Weblog!
Welcome to 1 Mother 2 Another! To read my most recent weblog entries, scroll down. To read entries from one category, click the links at right. To read my journey from the beginning, click here. To find out more about me, click here.
Top 5s
Short on time? Click here to go to my Top 5s Page - links to my top five recommendations in every category from Breastfeeding Sites to Urban Living Solutions.

Reality Will Hurt

We spent a glorious week last week tasting
a tiny preview of what summer will be like – sleeping in,
being lazy all day, doing fun stuff. Add in several hours at the
pool and you’ve just described our typical day in June. And
July. And August.


Alas, though, all good things come to an end: specifically,
sleeping in.


Yep, this morning when I walk upstairs in a few minutes and rouse
my five-year-old, it will hurt. It will not be pretty. It will
downright stink.


Did I mention it will hurt?



Maddie has, in the short span of a week,
moved from waking up on her own around 7:15 or so to waking on her
own around 8:30 or so. Fabulous for Mommy in the morning, of
course, but not so good on a school day. And because we’ve
had a recent road trip ending in a very late night, Maddie now
finds it hard to go to sleep at a good hour, and the cycle
perpetuates itself.


I could, of course, have been waking her up earlier to try to keep
her more in line with her schedule. But did you see the part where
I got to sleep in too? So that clearly did not happen.


Maddie and I discussed this last night – that she needed to
wind down, that this morning will be hard. We talked it over calmly
and rationally and she agreed she’d try hard to get up
uncomplainingly this morning.


Let’s see what happens.

0 comments:

Post a Comment