Powered by Blogger.
Welcome to my Weblog!
Welcome to 1 Mother 2 Another! To read my most recent weblog entries, scroll down. To read entries from one category, click the links at right. To read my journey from the beginning, click here. To find out more about me, click here.
Top 5s
Short on time? Click here to go to my Top 5s Page - links to my top five recommendations in every category from Breastfeeding Sites to Urban Living Solutions.

Ice-In, Day Two

The bad news: no school again yesterday.
The good news: I avoided the Nutcracker. Narrowly.


Instead, we did our home-grown version of Twister, which involves
lots of running and physically demanding stunts like crab-walking
and skipping backwards. We baked. We painted. We baked. We read
books. We baked. And baked some more.



The wind had died down, so after lunch we
spent a lovely hour and a half outside, playing in the street and
on the deserted playground. Everywhere was a smooth stretch of ice,
so the girls ice skated and slipped around and had a fantastic
time. I even grabbed a large plastic storage box lid and we slid
down our iced-over driveway hill several times.


The girls behaved exceptionally well, and for that I am thankful.
Both painted some beautiful pictures – of Hawaii, the little
masochists – and had a grand time making more bread. But
enough is enough.


School’s canceled again today and I’m a little
panicked.


I’ve run out of flour and eggs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment