Powered by Blogger.
Welcome to my Weblog!
Welcome to 1 Mother 2 Another! To read my most recent weblog entries, scroll down. To read entries from one category, click the links at right. To read my journey from the beginning, click here. To find out more about me, click here.
Top 5s
Short on time? Click here to go to my Top 5s Page - links to my top five recommendations in every category from Breastfeeding Sites to Urban Living Solutions.

Wish Us Luck

I’ve been teaching for a local
theatre camp this summer, and the girls have had a fine time
playing with Gamma a couple mornings a week. Unfortunately for them
(and me), Gamma’s starting her own summer teaching schedule
today. And I’ve exhausted my short list of
babysitters/neighbors that Cora approves of and is (reluctantly)
willing to be left with at my house. Which leaves me with one
option:


It’s Take Your Daughters To Work Week at my household.



Yep, the girls are going with me this
morning for a few hours at theatre school. I spent a not
insignificant amount of time last night mobilizing a small (ok, not
small) trunkful of toys to keep the girls entertained while I work
and packing lunches. We’ve got some high school interns at
the school who will help keep an eye on the girls, but I’m
bringing my pastor’s daughter as the “friendly
face” liaison for Cora.


I’m praying this will work out, but there’s so much
that could go wrong. Cora’s still my clingy child, and she
may refuse to be even one room away from me when surrounded by
strange kids and outside stimuli. The girls may be quite a
distraction to my students and my classes may be completely
worthless.


Maddie might choose to watch the classes and offer some notes on
how to do it better.


Seriously, I hope this works. Maddie’s excited about going to
Mommy’s studio, and can’t wait to play on the small
stage during lunch. Cora’s happy she’s going to be with
Mommy instead of left at home, but I don’t think she
understand that means “in the office while Mommy teaches in
the studio”. We’ll see.


Tune in tomorrow and find out if we survived.

0 comments:

Post a Comment