Powered by Blogger.
Welcome to my Weblog!
Welcome to 1 Mother 2 Another! To read my most recent weblog entries, scroll down. To read entries from one category, click the links at right. To read my journey from the beginning, click here. To find out more about me, click here.
Top 5s
Short on time? Click here to go to my Top 5s Page - links to my top five recommendations in every category from Breastfeeding Sites to Urban Living Solutions.

Buying A Girl Lingerie Never Hurts

We’re still wrestling with the
potty-training issue and Maddie, but hopefully the end is in sight.


Maddie has peed in the potty for months now, never once using a
diaper. But she still insists on pooping in a diaper, and does so
deliberately. She’ll go through phases of pooping on the
potty – a day or two – then changing her mind
again.



But recently she’s been thinking
about big-girl underwear, and a few days ago I showed her some Zoe
panties I’d gotten her for the future. Incredibly excited,
she begged me to let her wear them and has been pestering me
nonstop ever since. So Sunday night I told her she could wear her
big-girl panties on Monday, provided we stayed close to home. I
demonstrated with a glass of water the difference between peeing in
your diaper and peeing in your panties, and told her if she pooped
in her diaper we’d have to throw them away.


The result? Maddie used the potty all day Monday. Though she felt
the urge to poop a couple times and sat on the potty, nothing ever
came of it. She’s asked to wear panties all the time, but
I’m leery of that until she’s pooped in the potty
around here. At the Nutcracker performance is not the best time to
put those panties to the test.


Will this be the silver bullet? Only time will tell. She did spend
all Monday showing everyone her panties, and requested a play date
with her best friend Maxum specifically so she could show him her
new “clothes”.


Um, let’s keep some things under wraps, kiddo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment