Powered by Blogger.
Welcome to my Weblog!
Welcome to 1 Mother 2 Another! To read my most recent weblog entries, scroll down. To read entries from one category, click the links at right. To read my journey from the beginning, click here. To find out more about me, click here.
Top 5s
Short on time? Click here to go to my Top 5s Page - links to my top five recommendations in every category from Breastfeeding Sites to Urban Living Solutions.

Is This My Punishment For A Day Off?

Saturday I had my first full day off - no
strings attached, no running home for naptimes, no work, no errands
- since May of 2006. It was awesome and wonderful and I'd love to
tell you all about it, and the deep Mommy insights I gained with
twelve hours to myself.


Unfortunately, I don't have time to chat because Cora is sick.


Yes, Cora spent Sunday doing one of two things: puking, or sleeping
in someone's arms. So my back is aching from lying semi-prone on
the couch for two hours at a stretch, and there's a faint vomit
smell I suspect is coming from my hair, but I can't quite pin it
down. I got a makeover on Saturday and its remnants are smudged
under my eyes, a la heroin chic. We've been through a couple dozen
towels and two Silkies, and Cora now cries every time someone sits
with her and starts to wrap a "just in case" towel around his- or
herself.


Maddie's been amazingly patient and understanding, lashing out for
attention much less frequently than I'd have imagined. I'm afraid
I'm the one not handling it well; it seems we've been sick either
the whole month or the whole fall, depending on how you look at
things.


I'm hoping this is short-lived; Maddie spent Friday lounging on
the couch, saying her tummy felt "throw-up sick". She never hurled,
and seemed much better on Saturday so hopefully this will all be
behind us tomorrow.


But just in case, if you see me on the streets the next few days
and go in for a hug, hold your breath while your face is near my
hair. It's not a pretty smell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment